About

Assyrian Pentecostal Church was founded in 1909 when a group of Assyrian Pentecostal Brethren returned from Chicago to their homes in Urmiah in northwest Iran, spreading Pentecostalism to the Assyrians living in the adjacent cities, and from there to indigenous Assyrian communities in other parts of Iran.
The current church’s doctrine and tradition is a continuation of the spiritual revival movements that took place in Western Iran during the 1930s. In 1940, with great diligence and personal sacrifice a young Assyrian pastor, named Tooma Nasseri began his evangelical ministry throughout Western Iran and built churches and established congregations in villages, towns, and major metropolitan cities in Iran.
After Islamic revolution of 1979 in Iran, many Assyrians emigrated to United States and settled in Turlock where they also founded Assyrian Pentecostal Church of Turlock in 1984.

This information is obtained form online sources and church elders